Silly Snowman

Oh my poor blog has been neglected for awhile now...life has been super busy and I'm sure you can all relate!  Lately I have finally been able to breathe and slow down a little.  With some recent job changes I have once again become a stay at home mom while DH is back to a full time job. And next fall when my youngest starts full time kindergarten I will be out hitting the pavement again but for now I will enjoy my time at home and hopefully can start designing some more original patterns.  During the holidays I was busy pimping out my crochet skills for some extra cash and loved every minute of it :)  I was happily surprised to see so much interest in everything handmade.  In between orders I made a few new hats for my girls so over the next few days I will keep updating my page with a few projects recently finished.   This is one of my favorites! 






This Silly Snowman was made for my youngest daughter.  We get so many great comments when we are out and about and she looks so cute in it.  I absolutely LOVE the little top hat.  The pattern is written wonderfully and it's free!  The only thing I did differently with this pattern is leave out the pompoms on the end of the ties.  Why?  Because for some reason I just cannot make pompoms!!  I will be the sucker that has to go out and buy the pompom maker and I have no problem with that!  Another simple thing that I have never been able to master is the french knot. I really don't understand how this has eluded me for years but I'm not bitter :) Anyhoo, getting back on topic...
I really enjoyed this pattern and have found a new blog that I love.  This was the first time I used Loops and Threads: Charisma from Michael's.  It's a bulky weight yarn and is super soft reminding me of cotton balls.  I look forward to using this yarn again in the near future. 
You can find the free pattern here Repeat Crafter Me
Thanks for looking and Happy Hooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment