Farewell Summer of the Beast

Happy September everyone!  I hope the summer was good to everybody.  I live in southern Ontario and it was a hot, humid sticky mess of a summer.  We had some pretty big storms, but I can't complain about that when the rest of the world is really feeling some nasty conditions.  My heart goes out to all in Pakistan and I hope they will get the help they need soon.  And in these last few days there have been earthquakes everywhere.  What is going on in this world?  The man upstairs is upset about something...
On to today's post blogworld.  I have FINALLY finished the wavy ripple afghan for my wonderful cousin!!  I call it the beast, and since I worked on it so much despite the heat it was the summer of the beast for me lol.  This afghan is by far the biggest project to date that I have finished.  I am so happy to be done with it.  But it is so hard to part with it.  I have fallen in love with it's warmth, and it's drape and it's hypnotizing pattern.  I will definitely be making another afghan of this size just for me and hubby to snuggle under!
In this picture, the afghan is folded in half.  When it is fully spread, it almost covers the top of my queen size bed.   Also, the colour isn't very accurate in this photo.  It is not black and white,  it is the most beautiful, rich purple colour.  I love it!  Both were Red Heart giant 16 oz skeins.  I used 2 of each colour and a size H hook.
The pattern is super easy to remember and is so soothing, at least I thought it was.  Crochet is great meditation for me! This wonderful pattern is available for free here Wavy Blanky  and if you are on ravelry it is also available here Ravelry Library Wavy Blanky

I changed colours every 2 rows.  I finished off the afghan with a scalloped edging on the top and bottom edges of the afghan.
The new owner of this beauty hasn't been able to use it yet since we live so far from each other.  She will hopefully be visiting for Thanksgiving (Canadian thanksgiving), so that's only a few weeks away.  Thank goodness for facebook, she's already been able to see the finished product and she really likes it.  But I can't wait to see her face when she can hold it for the first time, like a brand new baby, hahaha, well maybe that's a bit too much!
 Now with this behind me, I can finish the other afghan I've been working on, hopefully it doesn't take too much longer, I've got many holiday gifts to start stitching!!
Until next time, happy hooking!!

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. You did a great job. I'm sure it will be treasured for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CrochetDad! I just love your blog, you have some really great designs :o)

    ReplyDelete