Butterfly

I've been quite busy with so many projects on the go. But that's the way I like it! I get bored so easily with bigger projects, I need to have something small to work on. I think it's the feeling of almost instant gratification with smaller projects. I feel as though I've accomplished something, so I start working on the bigger things again with more steam in my hook! These are some of my butterflies. I'm going to be putting magnets on the back of them. My grandmother requested 22 of these bad boys to give as gifts to some friends in her social clubs.


This pattern is copyrighted. Do not sell this pattern. You may sell what you make from this pattern. Feel free to post a link to this page on your blog or website.
Materials:
Small amount size 10 cotton thread
Steel Hook #5/1.7 mm
Small amount of black embroidery thread or sz 10 cotton thread (for body)
Magnet or Pin
hot glue

Ch 8. Join with sl st to form ring.  I tuck my tail from the ring in behind my stitches as I do the next few rounds, to weave it in as I go.

(Beginning Ch 3 counts as 1 dc)

R1)  Ch 3, 2 dc. *ch3, 3 dc* rep 5 times more.  Join with sl st at top of beg ch 3(first dc). (8 ch 3 sp)
R2) Sl st to 1st ch 3 sp. Make a shell; Ch 3, 2 dc, ch3, 3 dc in all in sm sp. Make a shell in next ch 3 sp; 3dc, ch 3, 3 dc. Continue shell in every ch 3 space from R1.  Join with sl st at top of beg ch 3(first dc)

R3). 10 dc in first ch 3 sp. *Make 1 sc in space between shells from previous row.  10 dc in next ch 3 sp. * Repeat for each ch3 sp.  Join with sl st to first dc. Sl st once more and fasten off, pulling tight on your thread tail.  Weave in ends. 

This is what you should have when you're all done! Next, line up your edges evenly, and fold in half.

With the butterfly folded, tie the black embroidery thread or whatever you are using, small pipecleaner is cute too, down the middle of the butterfly, creating the body of the butterfly. Tie your knot near the top, and cut the ends of the thread fairly short. I use these short thread ends for the antennae of the butterfly. Now you can glue a magnet or pin to the backside if you like. These are super cute, and work up quickly! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment