The Curse of the Blue Crayon

Good morning blogvillians, today I present to you The Curse of the Blue Crayon...

The events occurred on Sunday morning. My day started off like any other day, wake up, have breakfast with the girls and have my couple cups of coffee. Then I made my way into the kitchen to start some laundry. Now my girls are about to turn 3 and 1, so as you can imagine I am buried in laundry most days. Also I am mildly obsessed about certain things, so I go through laundry piece by piece. With my bottle of Shout stain remover not too far from my grasp, I lovingly doused most of the girls' clothes with Shout, I want them to have great looking stainless clothes after all. Blah blah blah, I put the clothes in the washer and then the dryer and started a new load of laundry in the washing machine. So when my dryer called out to me with a loud BUZZZZZZZ, I opened the door and started folding the clothes.
This was my first glimpse of the Curse of the Blue Crayon. Yes, there was blue crayon on EVERYTHING. I was so horribly upset. I check every pocket, every possible place that a tissue or chunk of play-doh might find a home, so I don't even have the slightest idea where this chunk of crayon came from. My only conclusion is that it must have been on the floor and when I grabbed everything after the Shout application I must have scooped it up and thrown it in the washing machine. Oi Vay what a nightmare. And of course I didn't have the internet on Sunday. So someone googled crayon removal for me and told me that WD-40 looked like a popular solution. So I gave it a try. Well, it didn't work. I'm sure if I had noticed the crayon before putting everything into the dryer, it would have worked.
So now I can't get the smell of WD-40 out of the clothes. I have washed them in super hot water with vinegar a few times, then washed with detergent a few more times. But still, the smell won't come off. I imagine that being sprayed by a skunk wouldn't be as bad. So that bring me to today, I'm going to soak the clothes with some Palmolive and hope for the best. I hate crayons right now! If you have had a similar situation I would love to hear about it, and if you had any success with removing it!!!

My next crochet project is a cupcake scarf and a cupcake hat. I plan on giving the scarf to my oldest daughter and the hat to my youngest daughter on their birthdays. When I'm finished I of course will post pics and a link for the pattern I found, happy hooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment