Brave New World

Good morning!
Look at me updating two days in a row...I told you I was back 😉.  In yesterday's post I mentioned being a vendor at local craft shows.  This has been a great experience for me and I am pretty proud of myself for doing it.
I, like many crafters, have issues with social anxiety.  So putting myself out there is a big deal and takes some time to prep for.  Any possible scenario, good or bad, runs through my head and I have to imagine what I will do if this or that happens.  It can be exhausting inside my head and insecurities!  Luckily crochet and knitting certainly helps to calm my nerves and keeps my head busy!
At my first show I was surprised to see at least 5 other vendors (out of 25-30) that were selling crochet and knit goods.  Now when I signed up, I watched the vendor list like a hawk.  I have to prepare afterall for every scenario.  There was only one other vendor listed as having yarny merchandise so I felt confident that I would do well.  Imagine my shock when everyone was setting up!
Lucky for me my wonderful hubby who also happens to be one of my greatest friends since childhood was with me to help out.  He kept me cheerful all day and kept my coffee full ❤.  I did awesome that day.  My first show, a goal checked off my list.  I made lots of sales and met some great people.  I'm not sure how everyone else did but I left feeling pretty good and hubby was so proud, I even brought us out to eat afterwards.  So the next goal for me was to open my Etsy shop.  Can you imagine the torture I put myself through to prep for this big step😨.  I am currently listing on hand stock while I finish up some custom orders and then I will open that option for buyers.  I am also getting some more shows lined up for the upcoming months! I truly love this brave new world!

No comments:

Post a Comment